PPR Pickleball Conference
Hilton Head Island, SC // February 9 & 10, 2023
Learn and share with other successful coaches from around the country.
The Conference includes presentations in the classroom and oncourt! Drills, games, coaching, programming ideas, and more. Learn how to handle large groups, to run successful round robins, ideas to grow your business and more.
Try the latest paddles, products and services at the Pickleball Trade Show. The Awards Breakfast will honor some of your peers.
In conjunction with the event, we’ll have Specialty Courses like a Drill Clinic with Sarah Ansboury (Feb. 8) and a Rating & Improvement Clinic with Jarrett Chirico (Feb.11). We’ll have opportunities for you to complete your Certification – or retest. And we’ll have plenty of Open Play.
Wednesday, February 8
11:30am – 4:30pm PPR Certification Workshop with Sarah Ansboury (extra fee)
12:30 – 5:30pm PPR Certification Workshop with Suzee Anderson (extra fee)
1 – 6pm Registration and Checkin
5 – 7:00pm Drills Workshop with Sarah Ansboury (extra fee)
6:30 – 7:15pm Welcome Reception & Pickleball Trivia Contest
Thursday, February 9
7:30am – 8:15am Yoga for Flexibility
8:15-8:30am PPR Conference Welcome
9 – 11:45am Classroom Presentations
- Jarrett Chirico – Rate Your Students: The What, When & Why
- Phillip Hayman – Perfect Partners: Tennis & Pickleball
- Dr. Michelle Cleere – Ready, Set, Win!
- Dick Osmon – New Pickleball Rules & What Coaches Need to Know
11:45am-1:45pm Tradeshow & Demo Courts/ Lunch on Your Own
1:45– 5:15pm Oncourt Presentations
- Sarah Ansboury – Strategies for Your Best Game
- Neil Witherow – Why Pickleball is Great for Your Tennis Game
- Suzee Anderson – Progressive Lesson Planning for the Adult Improver
- Graeme Joffe – Pickleball 101 Top Tips for Teaching Beginners
5:30-7:30pm Open Play
Friday, February 10
7:45 – 8:45am PPR Awards Breakfast – honoring our outstanding members
9 – Noon Classroom Presentations
- Taylor Taylor – Principles vs. Rules
- David Robinson – Pickleball: Connecting infrastructure & Programming
- Amy Pazahanick – Implementing Successful Programs
- Harris Williams – Turn Your Passion Into Profits – Your Business Plan
- Craig Pippert – Intro to Adaptive Pickleball – Play It Forward
12:30 – 1:30pm Lunch on Your Own / Open Play
1:30 – 5pm Oncourt Presentations
- Jeff Rausch – Technical Progressions for Pickleball
- Lisa Duncan courtesy of GAMMA– Developing a Game Strategy against the Heavy Hitters
- Hope Tolley – Get Beginners Rallying with this Rally Progression
- Reggie Sanderson – Games People Play
- Growth of our Sport – Panel Discussion
6-8pm Open Play
Saturday, February 11th
9 – 11am Ratings & Improvement Clinic (extra fee)
12 – 5pm PPR Certification Workshop with Reggie Anderson (extra fee)
12 – 2pm Drills workshop with Sara Ansboury (extra fee)
4pm – Retesting opportunities – Register in advance (extra fee)
Each year, over 25 industry vendors gather at the PPR Conference for the tradeshow to show their latest products and services. Attendees have the opportunity to network AND get out on the court to try out products.